I can’t believe I have been blogging for six years now and I just received my first Liebster Award. I was nominated by Lara at Methodical Living. Check out her blog!
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. Who is the most influential person in your life?
My Mom. She has always been the most supportive person in the world. She also isn’t afraid to tell me when I need to get my act together.
2. What is your favorite desert?
I have to pick one? I love pie. My favorites are apple, pumpkin and chocolate cream. Hmm… I haven’t made that in a while.
3. If you could own any animal, what would it be?
A dolphin. I love cats and would love to have one of them as a pet, but I think dolphins are the most amazing animals in the world. I would love to have one to swim with every day.
4. I’d like to believe that there are two types of people in the world Beatles fans and Elvis fans. Which one are you? True, there are people who like both but typically everyone likes one a little more than the other.
I’m an Elvis fan. I think this question is funny because I usually make the same distinction. I don’t dislike the Beatles when forced to choose, I pick Elvis every time. I always liked him music but when I visited Graceland in 2007 it solidified my love of his music.
5. What is your proudest moment?
Graduating from college. It has been 15 years now, but that was a big accomplishment. I went from a small, all women’s college my freshman year to a large, top 50 university. It was much more academically challenging and it was a huge cultural shock for me too. I never thought about going so far away to school until I visited Washington, DC and fell in love with the campus and the city.
6. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, politician, or other influential person (alive or dead) who would you choose?
Bill Clinton. I lived so close to him for 3 years of my life but I never had the opportunity to meet him. Despite his personal dramas, I liked him as a president. I think he is a very fascinating person.
7. What is your absolute favorite book?
One book that I read for the first time when I was a freshman in high school, again as a senior and then again in college, and probably the only book I actually finished of all those I was assigned to read was Animal Farm. It is actually one that I would read again on my own too!
8. If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would you settle down?
Aside from Florida? I would love to live in France. Any part would make me happy!
9. What have you learned since starting your blog?
I’ve learned that when I am not meeting my daily fitness goals, I’m less likely to sit down to write a post. I’m sure it’s noticeable here, but my desire to sit down and write a post goes hand in hand with my desire to get off the couch and do anything.
Here are my nominees:
Tabetha at I Run on Water
Stephanie at Cat Lady Runs
Karen at …Just Me and My Running Shoes…
Mindy at Road Runner Girl
Lacey and Miranda at Fairytales and Fitness
Kimberly at Black Dog Runs Disney
Heather at Divas Run for Bling
Nominees, here are your questions:
1. What do you like about blogging?
2. What is your favorite type of exercising?
3. What race is on your bucket list?
4. What is your favorite “cheat” meal/snack?
5. What was your favorite activity when you were in elementary school?
6. Have you ever run a race in a costume? (If so, please share)
7. Name three songs that describe you right now.
8. What are you surprisingly bad at?
9. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet?