I was incredibly tempted to head back home and climb back into bed. Instead, I decided to head home, pull out the dumbbells and do a round of Dumbbells, Smarts Arms and Legs for Days. I’m glad I did it and I still hope to get home and go for a run after work. We’ll see if I can keep up my motivation.
For dinner last night, I made Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops which came out amazing as always. There may have been seconds involved too. It was just that good.
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
4-5 pork chops
3/4 c. Italian style bread crumbs
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 egg (or 2 – I only had 1 left)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper together on a shallow plate.
2. Beat egg in a separate bowl.
3. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high.
4. Dip pork chops one at a time in egg and then coat with bread crumb mixture.
5. Place pork chops in skillet one at a time, allowing the temperature of the skillet to return to medium-high before adding additional pork chops. Cook until golden brown on first side, then flip over and cook on second side.
Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, you may need to adjust the cooking time. My chops were thin so it only took me about 6-8 minutes per side. I’ll be sure to get a picture the next time I make these. They were just too good for me to wait to take a picture!