It’s Tuesday so here you go!
1. I still love the Travel Channel, but way too many of the shows focus on food. It’s been that way for a while. This morning there was a show about island getaways that didn’t involve much food information. It was followed up by two episodes of Bizarre Foods though.
2. Rob told me a few months ago that I was watching too much Travel Channel since I started asking if we could move to Italy or France.
3. I actually wore a bikini the other day. I only went to the pool at my complex so I wasn’t too concerned about being seen in it. I’m not ready to wear it out any where more public than that but I was pretty happy with myself for getting out there. Now maybe I can work on getting my belly tan…
4. I am trying to make sure to add chia seeds to things more often. I know that they are good for you and when you eat them they help to keep you full. I made a post-workout smoothie this morning with almond milk, frozen banana and strawberry, chocolate protein powder, PB2 and chia seeds. It was yummy!
5. I saw PB2 at Target the other day. It was about $2 less than what I had paid at GNC. I know where I’ll be going the next time I need to get some!
6. I got my second Nature Box yesterday. I’ll do a review of it very soon, but in the meantime I’ll be busy snacking!
7. Three of my nieces graduated from high school this month. Wow! Do I feel old. I remember seeing them all in the hospital when they were born. I’m so proud of them and hope for only the best things for them.
8. Yesterday I met a family from the town where most of my family lives. Their son actually knew my goddaughter (one of my nieces who just graduated) and their daughter had one of my cousins as her math teacher. Small world!
9. I finished watching Orange is the New Black. The first two episodes were a bit slow for me, but after that I loved the rest of the season. No spoilers for anyone who hasn’t seen it though!
10. I’m excited to watch the new season of Naked and Afraid. Rob thinks that I would do really well if I tried to go on the show. I’m not so sure about that. Especially after seeing the episode where the people were in the swamps in Louisiana. I’m not too keen of the idea of being sent to an area with so many poisonous snakes and alligators who can kill you.
What made you feel old this week?