I haven’t done my 10 Things on Tuesday contribution for the past few weeks. I usually am too busy during the day and by the time I get home and remember that it is Tuesday, it’s was too late for me to sit down and write a post. I’ve got time tonight though, so here you go:
1. I’m glad World Cup madness is over. I enjoy soccer but it is so nice to not have my Facebook and Twitter feed full of soccer posts. When it got to the semifinals, I was rooting for Germany and the Netherlands to make it into the finals. There are so many tour groups from Brazil and Argentina, that I was actually worried about a final between those two countries. Congrats to Germany!
2. I read this series of blog posts on MinkFlamingos blog ranking the Disney heroines. I liked how she took the time to come up with a true (although still subjective) ranking system. I’m sure you’ll be surprised and amused by the results.
3. I still owe you post about the 3-day cleanse I did last month. It was tough and I’d be willing to do it again with some modifications.
4. I’m watching a show on Animal Planet called Man-Eating Zombie Cats. It’s a bit terrifying but really interesting. Apparently when wild cats attack dogs, they could catch canine distemper which inhibits their natural fear of humans. Eek! (This show is being followed by a show called Hitler’s Jurassic Zoo – yes, we are still watching Animal Planet…)
5. I missed a few days of swim practice, but I’m heading back on Thursday. I hope to go to Lucky’s Lake Swim on Saturday too. Swimming is my happy place.
6. Have you heard about the Share a Coke campaign? It’s a really interesting marketing approach. I found some bottles for Rob “in the wild” but I didn’t find any for me. They had “Meg”. My best friend Alyssa found one with my name (spelled correctly). In Epcot, they actually had a special area set up near Club Cool where you customize your own small Coke cans. I got mine done with my first and middle name. Too cool!
7. There was a really cool double rainbow last night over Orlando. You could see both ends of it so I had to take a panoramic picture.
8. I’m stuck with my fundraising. This week I will be prepping my letter to all my friends and family. I find that a fundraising letter is really helpful. We’ll see how it goes!
9. Have you followed me on Instagram? I’ve been having fun using the app more and more lately. I don’t necessarily go through all of my friends’ pictures, but I love using it to edit and post pictures when I’m on the go.
10. The Rocketman Triathlon added a Half Ironman distance to the race. I would consider this for the future, but I’m not ready for that yet!