1) I’m still excited about completing my first open water swim and I may have convinced some of my teammates to join me in a few weeks.
2) I have a corporate sponsor for my fundraising. I’ll give you the details soon, but for now, just remember that if you make a donation to my fundraising page it will be matched. All the money I raise goes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
3) I really need to learn how to shift gears on my bike better. It is something that isn’t intuitive for me and I never learned how to do it properly when I was younger.
4) One of my favorite bands, Ambertone, is getting back together for a one time show next month. I got my tickets in the mail and hopefully Crystal will be able to make it since she is the one who introduced me to them. It will be awesome show!
5) I’m currently taking a medication that requires me to avoid the sun. That is tough for this Florida girl. We went to Epcot yesterday and I loaded up on the SPF 30 (normally it’s SPF 8 f0r me). We actually decided to go ride Journey Into Imagination and Captain EO. I even tried to convince Rob to go into Oh Canada! Basically, anything inside was an ideal attraction.
6) Spartan Race has a new series premiering on NBC Sports tonight. I think I’ll check it out. I am reading a book by the creator of Spartan Race. I will finish it one day soon. I’m trying to read so many other things, including stuff for work. So much reading to do!
7) Have you seen American Ninja Warrior? More importantly, have you seen this Kacy’s performance on the show. She is amazing!
8) When Rob’s band played at House of Blues last month the opening act was Carly Jo Jackson. She is currently on America’s Got Talent. In fact, she was just on a few minutes ago. I don’t know how this week will turn out, but I have to say that seeing her in person was much more exciting than what I just saw on the show.
9) I really wish that I could sing better. I am great in a chorus, but I’ve never had a soloist or a pop voice. I have an audition for a choir next week. I should probably get the music for it so I can practice!
10) File this under things “Things That Happen in Florida”. Yeah… What were these people thinking?!? Fair warning, this is a news article that contains some censored video.