It’s been a busy week for me. I can’t believe it’s Tuesday again. It’s time for another 10 Things!
1. I’m getting trained for a new position this week at work. It’s been a long time coming since I chose to take on a few temporary assignments after I was told I would be getting trained last year. While I’m a bit nervous about doing a good job, I’m sure I can do the job and it may take me a little bit of time to get used to it.
2. I’m happy that the ABC Family summer season has started. I have to admit that I love watching Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth. I do want them to figure out this whole “A” thing though. I don’t know how these girls have managed not to flunk out of school yet.
3. Have you ever worn ketchup? Yeah… a bottle exploded on me yesterday. At least it didn’t get in my hair and it looks like I managed to save the shirt I was wearing.
4. I had my cholesterol tested yesterday and it is actually really good. I don’t think I’ve seen results this low. Now to get my weight under control.
5. I’ve been working with my boss to get ready to apply for a leadership position. I’ve been reading a lot of different books about becoming a leader and what makes a good leader. It is great to have someone take an interest and really try to help develop your skills.
6. I finally went to a Red Robin last night. I enjoyed it and I would like to go back to try some of the other items. We’ve been watching a lot of Man v. Food and we joked that last night in the episode of Rob v. Food, Food won. When they brought out our meals we were a bit shocked at the size of his. Wowza!
7. Have you seen the new show on Lifetime called “The Lottery”? I watched if for a survey I was taking, but I ended up really enjoying it. It is a sci-fi futuristic story. The last children born in the world were in 2019 and it is now 2025 and they are still trying to figure out what has happened. Check it out!
8. I really want to find a spinning class that doesn’t require me to join a gym. In doing some research, I’ve discovered that I need to increase my cadence. (Have I talked about this already?) When I use the bike in the gym, I do my best to make sure that I have RPMs in the high 80s or low 90s.
9. I’m going to try something a little bit different this week. One of my managers runs an underwater hockey group at the YMCA Aquatic Center. I usually work at night and can’t make it to the sessions, but with my training this week, I’m working during the day so I hope to make it on Friday.
10. Muppets Most Wanted is coming out on video soon. I can’t wait to see it again!